A few Canadian Insurance companies are now providing various policies to cover Covid 19 related medical and trip interruption insurance. We recommend you explore your options to add additional coverage for unforeseen events beyond what our cancellation policies cover.
Manulife, Blue Cross, TuGo and a few others.
Standard Cancelation Policy
Cancellations have varying refund rules based on how far in advance the request is received before the check-in date.
- Up to 6 Days Before: No Refund
- Between 7-13 Days Before: No Refund
- Between 14-29 Days Before: No Refund
- Between 30-44 Days Before: 50% Refund
- 45+ Days Before: Loss of Deposit / Balance Not Paid
For reservations with arrival dates greater than 7 nights in the future, there is a 24 hour grace period from confirmation to cancel and receive a full-refund. Contact email@example.com directly in this scenario.
For cancellations that are not eligible for any refund amount, the property owner will refund the amount recovered by rebooked dates less a 5% processing fee and a $50 administration fee. This will occur within 2 weeks after the departure date to confirm what dates were rebooked from the cancelled reservation. Cleaning and pet fees are always refunded if the reservation is canceled before check-in. The alluraDirect service fee is non-refundable unless the cancellation is due to a special circumstance. alluraDirect will mediate cancellation disputes when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes and resolution between the parties. Cancellation policies may be superseded by the website extenuating circumstances policy, or cancellations by alluraDirect for any other reason permitted under the Terms of Service.
Covid 19 Special Circumstances Cancellation Policy
Covid-19 Policies: We wish to ensure our guests feel confident that they can book with peace of mind knowing we are making efforts to be as flexible as possible in these uncertain times. If your country, government, or airline has an official “nonessential travel restriction” in place for the dates of your travel a refund less a 5% processing fee is offered. This policy applies up to 45 days before the booked arrival date. Between 44 days and your arrival date guests will receive a 100% booking credit for the amount paid towards a booking for the same property for future travel up to 12/18 months from the cancelation date. This policy applies ONLY if the following restrictions are in place for your booked dates of accommodation “travel is prohibited due to Covid-19 by government and or health authorities or if social gathering limits are imposed that apply to Vacation Accommodation limits that would prohibit your group from gathering”.
Examples of restrictions: • Government travel bans, border closures within Canada or from your home country • Limitations on social gathering which would prohibit your booked groups use of a Vacation Accommodation per the BC Provincial Health Officer’s orders for this health region for your booked dates.
We wish to ensure our guests feel confident that they can book with peace of mind knowing we are making efforts to be as flexible as possible in these uncertain times.
Policy for International Guests – Guests are responsible to ensure they meet all the requirements to transit from their home country to Canada and back to their departure country.
- Guests can book provided they understand and agree quarantine restrictions on either end of travel are NOT valid reasons to cancel bookings and no refunds will be offered.
- If a guest has a positive Covid test in the 72hr window of pre departure from their home country refunds will not be provided if bookings are subsequently cancelled. A credit for a future booking will be offered.
- No refunds will be offered for any reason for any cancellations outside of our standard and Covid cancelation policies which are in place for all our booked guests.
- Limitations on flights for your planned dates of travel are the responsibility of the guest. If you need to cancel due to flight limitations no refunds will be offered but a credit may be offered.
- Guests are responsible to educate themselves to ensure all members of their party traveling into Canada are eligible to enter Canada based on the policies the Canadian Government has in place at the time you make your booking .
- Requirements for a negative Covid test as described by the Canadian Government , fully vaccinated based on the Canadian Governments definition as such ,age and vaccination status requirements .
- Testing may be required to depart Canada and or to transit through other countries to return home. It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure they can meet the requirements to depart from Canada and any countries in which they have to transit through to return home. A testing center is located at the Kelowna Airport at the time of this writing and transportation and testing costs are expenses guests are responsible for.
- Luxury Mountain Vacation Rentals may offer a credit for a cancelled bookings for a future stay with us in the same unit originally booked. This policy is at LMVR’s discretion to offer any credit based on the circumstances of the cancellation.
- Luxury Mountain Vacation Rentals. will not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment, of any nature or kind whatsoever, to you or your travelling companions or other group members resulting from events beyond our reasonable control. This would include, but not be limited to, acts of God, strikes, lockouts or other labor disputes or disruptions, wars, blockades, insurrections, riots, earthquakes, weather conditions, snow conditions, lift closures, road closures, floods, or acts or restraints imposed by government authorities. Should the property not be available or altered due to an act of god such as flood, fire etc. The guest can either choose to stay at the property, move to another property based on availability or receive a credit to be used at another time.
Thinking of flying to Kelowna?
See how Air Canada is ensuring passenger safety with their enhanced measures.
View more information about the new Clean Care program by Air Canada here.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
Luxury Mountain Vacation Rentals – Covid 19 Cleaning Protocols for our Vacation Rental Properties
Luxury Mountain Vacation Rentals is taking an aggressive, industry leading approach to maintaining the highest cleaning standards for our guests, our property owners and our support staff. In this new world of Covid 19 we have taken many extra measures to ensure your safety when you stay in one of our properties. Many of you, our prospective guests, will want to know what these cleaning protocols will look like and how they are preformed. As such, we will provide a detailed guide outlining how we are approaching our cleaning and what is being done for you. A few highlights of the extra measures include:
Complete disinfection cleaning system
All touch points in the unit will be cleaned and disinfected using the systems and protocols as outlined below. Our protocols exceed the recommendations provided by the BC CDC to ensure guest safety.
State of the art Electrostatic Sprayer Disinfection System
360-degree disinfection of all surfaces in the unit with hospital grade disinfection solutions which are non toxic yet powerful enough to effectively kill Viruses (including Covid 19) , Bacteria, and many other germs in as little as 1 min from contact! All surfaces soft and hard will be treated with this disinfection system for a “whole unit” disinfection.
https://evaclean.com/ Protexus Electrostatic Sprayer & Pur: One disinfection tabs.
Hard surfaces, Appliances, and all equipment
In addition to the electrostatic spraying all these surfaces will also be hand cleaned with the approved disinfection solutions.
Our housekeeping supervisor will perform a final check of the unit prior to any guest arrival. Cleaning staff will have a detailed cleaning protocol list of tasks to perform which must be signed off by the supervisor to ensure all tasks are completed to our standards.
Our staff will be outfitted with the appropriate PPE while they perform cleaning tasks in the units for your safety and their own safety.
Guest use cleaners
Units will be stocked with additional cleaning products for your use during your stay. Including disinfection sprays and hand sanitizer. The unit will also be stocked with dish detergents, soap, laundry detergents, hand soap, body wash, shampoo, and all-purpose cleaners.
Our cleaning protocols will follow the most up to date recommended guidelines provided by the BC CDC, WorkSafe BC and BC Health authorities.